It’s enough to make you wonder whether these people have ever heard of <i> inner </i> beauty. They’ve taken extreme measures to shed the looks they were born with in favor of embellished lips, straighter noses, and smaller chins. Whether they did it for fame or beauty, these people made it to our Top 6 List of crazy cosmetic surgeries in China.
6. They made her look younger, and her husband wanted them to change it back. Sixty-two-year-old Wu from the province of Chongqing in central China got cosmetic surgery in order to look younger and more attractive. The surgery was a success… too much so, according to her husband Zhang. The couple went ballroom dancing after the surgery and, to Zhang’s chagrin, Wu was suddenly a hot item among the men there. So he did what no sane man with a hot, young-looking wife should ever do… he asked for a divorce. After much persuasion from their children, the couple eventually reconciled.
5. Xiaoqing walked out on a boyfriend whose Jessica Alba fetish went way too far. Considering he’d been making her wear a blond wig and fake eyelashes anytime they went out in public, that was probably a good choice. Sadly, she later changed her mind and tried to get him back in a rather extreme way. She made the ultimate profession of obsession by getting a number of plastic surgeries that made her look like <a href=”http://www.chinahush.com/2010/01/31/chinese-girl-getting-cosmetic-surgery-to-look-like-jessica-alba-to-win-her-boyfriend-back/”>Jessica Alba’s Chinese twin</a>. A bold move, but to her credit, it did work. She got back the boy, if not her self-esteem.
4. Middle school and high school students are taking advantage of the free summer months to do something unusual for their age: recover from plastic surgery. In Guangzhou, a city in the Guangdong province of southeastern China, three hospitals report that 90% of the patients in their plastic surgery wards are middle school graduates. It apparently has become a trend for parents to finance these cosmetic surgeries in order to help their children feel more socially competent as they enter high school.
3. Imagine spending $24,100 (RMB 200,000) to have a surgeon overhaul your appearance. A 30-year-old woman in Kunming, a city in the Yunnan province of southern China, had 48 purely cosmetic operations over a five-year period. Is it possible to have 48 operations and still look anything like your old self? Probably not.
2. A 19-year-old from Changsha, Hunan, in southeastern China, would give up a kidney if he could be rich… literally. Zhou, a security guard, has placed his own kidney, testicle, and eyeball on the market because, as he says, it was the quickest way he could think of to get rich. More frighteningly, he has already received several bids.
1. The first ever “best artificial body” pageant was held in Beijing in 2004. Contestants between the ages of 17 and 62 had to present doctor-certified documentation of their cosmetic surgeries in order to participate. Feng Qian was named Miss Plastic Surgery 2004 for having had eye-widening surgery, cheek and waist liposuction, and Botox injections.