In a recent study, it has been found that if you take each one of your meals, and blend them into a soup, it will help to stave off hunger. All you need to do is take the same portion of food for each meal, put a little water in it, and blend it all together. What this does is keeps your stomach full longer and takes more time to digest. This way, it will reduce your hunger in between meals, resulting in less snacking as well as eating less.
This is one of the 10 Things You Need to Know about Losing Weight, according to a recent BBC programme. They are:
- Put restrictions on what types of food you eat, so you eat less
- Eat at regular intervals, don’t leave out a meal
- Eating low fat dairy foods help you to eliminate more fat
- When eating, use a smaller plate
- Exercise because your body will burn fat, even while sleeping
- Be sure to count how many calories you are taking in
- Don’t use your metabolism as an excuse
- Keep moving and you will lose more weight
- Eating soups keeps you feeling fuller, longer
- Higher levels of protein in your diet will keep hunger at bay
If you have looked into weight loss surgery, you know that once the procedure is done that you will only be able to handle a liquid diet. This allows the body to heal, but given these new facts, it will also keep you fuller longer. If you were still stuck on the dieting roller coaster, then perhaps bariatric surgery would be the best solution.
Although dieting will help you to lose a few pounds, many people still struggle with their weight because of the vicious cycle of dieting. If you do not lose as much weight as you want, or are having difficulty losing any weight at all, many find themselves depressed because of it. This, in turn, causes stress eating and binging.
Bariatric surgery is a permanent solution to the weight loss roller coaster. It can help you to live a more full and active life. Although any kind of weight loss surgery is not easy, it can and does help many people change their lives.