1. Microdermabrasion scrapes dead skin cells from the skin to reveal younger looking skin. This corrects sun damage, uneven skin tones, wrinkles, acne and brown spots.
2. Chemical peels go deeper into the skin to remove uneven pigment, improve the texture of the skin and reduce wrinkles. The skin will be red and peel later. Alphahydroxy and trichloroacetic acid are the most common chemicals used.
3. Laser treatments are a newer form of facial treatments, but they are very popular. They have numerous uses for them. There is laser resurfacing of the skin that goes deep into the skin and it is not painful. However, it does not work on dark skin tones. There is also laser scar removal which uses the laser to vaporize the scar and new skin grows in it places. It can look very natural and the scar is not as noticeable. Also, laser tattoo removal uses lasers to remove tattoos through multiple sessions. Lastly, there is laser hair removal that kills the hair at the root, for a more permanent hair removal affect.
4. Injectable fillers are available in numerous forms. They are used on the cheeks and lips usually. There is Botox that is effective, but can be deadly if done incorrectly. Or there is Collagen injections. The collagen has been collected from animals and turned into human collagen. It can be used on most areas of the body. Lastly, there is the option of using the patients own fat to fill in wrinkles, lines and scars. This is the safest method to use.
5. Surgery can be done on eye lids, ears and chins. These surgeries improve drooping eye lids, fat pockets around the eyes, reduce the size of ears and increase the size of the chin.
6. Nose jobs are done for both aesthetic and deformity reasons. Nose jobs can either increase or decrease the size of the nose.
7. Face lifts lift the facial tissue, due to sagging from age. The procedure is very invasive and there is a very long healing process associated with it, which is at least a month, if not longer. Face lifts remove years from a person’s face in one procedure.
8. Facial implants fill in sagging areas of the face.
9. Permanent makeup can be added to eyes and lips.
10. Liposuction can be done on the chin, neck and cheeks to remove pockets of fat that has built up over time.